Translate This Site

Get paid To Promote at any Location

Saturday, October 20, 2007

2007 Yamaha Virago 250

Hey there!
As I started posting about my passion, that I share with you, I have been asked a lot of quiestions like "What motorcycle do you own?" or "What is your dream motorcycle?" and so on. Well, I think I can say, for many of us, that dream bikes can be found on ths blog...at least for me. But the first motorcycle that I ever dreamed about is the Yamaha Virago. Not too much...but I just love it, and I think I'm going to buy one. The 2007 Yamaha Virago 250 looks very nice...and I decided to post a review here on my blog.
Personally, I love V-twin engines...but when the exhaust pipes are one on each side of the bike...to get a "stereo" sound while riding...but the Virago type isn't bad at all...With all that chrome on it, giving it a cool, but retro look, will asure you the respect and the cool-factor you want. Not to mention the pleasure of riding it all shiny and roaring.

RRRrrrr...
Now to move on to some official facts...

Key Features:
Light weight and a seat just 27 inches from the pavement make the Virago 250 a great trainer as well as a great choice for riders who appreciate the fun that comes in small packages.
Dual exhausts, plenty of quality chrome and typical Yamaha attention to detail; this is one sharp little cruiser.
Front disc brake provides highly controllable stopping power.
Engine:
249cc air-cooled, 60-degree V-twin engine with a long, 66mm stroke produces plenty of bottom-end torque and smooth roll-on power.
Single 26mm Mikuni downdraft carburetor ensures optimal fuel/air mixing and delivery with superb throttle response.
Widely geared five-speed transmission makes the most of Virago 250’s powerband.
Easy, dependable electric starting.
Beautiful dual chrome exhaust pipes let the engine breathe and put out that classic V-twin rumble.
Automatic cam chain tensioner virtually eliminates maintenance and helps extend engine life.

Chassis/Suspension:
Longish, 58.7-inch wheelbase creates a long, low package with great handling and maneuverability.
282mm single front disc brake and a rear drum brake provide plenty of stopping power.
Plush and low stepped saddle keeps the center of gravity low and lets almost everybody flatfoot the pavement.
Telescopic front fork with 5.5 inches of travel provides a nice, smooth ride.
Twin rear shocks feature 3.9 inches of travel and adjustable spring preload for versatility under various loads.
Additional Features:
Extensive chrome details accent engine and side covers for incomparable, “big bike” fit and finish.
Stylishly sculpted teardrop fuel tank features 2.5-gallon capacity for excellent cruising range.
Chrome pullback handlebars are easy to reach and great looking.
Forward-set footpegs enhance rider comfort by creating added legroom.
Wide rear fender and front and rear wire-spoked wheels add the perfect classic, retro touch to this stylish package.

These are some pretty cool features(trying to be as detached as I can...thi is the bike I love after all...I will only say good things about it :p)

The full techincal specs look like this:

Engine
Type 249cc, air-cooled, SOHC, 60-degree V-twin
Bore x Stroke 49mm x 66mm
Compression Ratio 10:1
Carburetion 26mm Mikuni
Ignition Digital TCI
Transmission 5-speed
Final Drive Chain

Chassis
Suspension/Front 33mm telescopic fork; 5.5" travel
Suspension/Rear Twin shocks w/adjustable spring preload; 3.9" travel
Brakes/Front 282mm disc
Brakes/Rear 130mm drum
Tires/Front 3.00-18
Tires/Rear 130/90-15

Dimensions
Length 86.2"
Width 32.1"
Height 44.9"
Seat Height 27"
Wheelbase 58.7"
Ground Clearance 5.7"
Dry Weight 302 lb.
Fuel Capacity 2.5 gal.

Well, with all of this being said...I can't change my oppinion...I love it and I'm still waiting for an opportunity to buy it.
Oh, by the way...the base price of this motorcycle isn't high at all...in fact..it comes in cheap. The price that is recommended by the producer (that they can change anytime they want without being obligated to notice anyone) is just $3,499 for the stock pain-job that I presented here, too(Black Cherry). As far as I know, there is no other official paint-job available for this motorcycle.
This just looks like fun...riding in style while having fun on a low priced, cool looking, greatly maneuverable motorcycle.
If there is a Yamaha dealer near your place...go and test ride it for me...I'm curious about what other bikers think anout the motorcycle I love so much...
I'll leave you to decide if this motorcycle is as cool as I picture it...No more to say than...
Dry roads, riders!

7 comentarii:

Anonymous said...

si zici ca ti-o cumprei,ha?:-< offf puiule:-s

Danny Ivanescu said...

dap...I guess so...

Breezer said...

Hey nice thread!
I bought one of these last year for my Wife. We both took the riding class together Its her dream for a bike so being a good husband I supported her. Well she still has not passed her written test but I have and I have to say this Bike rocks! nice ride feels good, sounds good looks even better. I think I may end up buying another one for me..lol

Danny Ivanescu said...

Thanks for the comment,I'm glad you like the site ;) BTW, I'm willing to buy one for me this season, too...so, it's ok to want one :) Hope you come again, Peace!

Anonymous said...

Virago 250 what a bike.
Ok here goes back in the early 80s i owned a Virago 500cc bike. It was black and beautiful indeed. I bought it in Dec and rode it home
in 2" of snow. Anyway i rode the bike for 2 years and NEVER had any problems. But a layoff at work forced a sell of the bike. I cried i loved that bike. It was my second Yamaha 1st was a Special II
400cc job. That was my trainer. When i rode the 500 i got attention form guys "Man what a cool bike" "Girls gee take me for a ride" cant thats my wife behind me dah. Anyway just this weekend i rode a 250cc i was surprised at the bike the sound is beautiful indeed. And performance well i will cure lower back pain quick. Throttle response is quick and gobs of it. I got on a straight strech of road and yanked the throttle full in top gear. Gee what a ride super bike. And the price at 3400.00 + taxes came in right at 3700 bucks. Now gas here in West By God Va is 4.00 for reg and i am getting 65mpg on a new bike. Guess who is smiling now dah. Girlfriend wants to ride mine
she loves the style. Her being 5'2"
and a leg length of 28" guess who fit perfect. She never road before
but she is now. Hey don't forget WV
girls almost all strat out in Automatic Trans cars and i thought yeah she will have a problem with the shifting nope. She owns a Ford Ranger with a 5 speed. I told her to remember the pattern on the truck and lay that pattern out flat. 1st gear being at the bottom and all the rest stacked upwards.
She learned quick. My Yamaha Dealer has now ordered her one of her own. For two weeks i have to share my "Baby" with my "Baby" not a bad deal. Yamaha continues to stack the deck against others with the Virago yeah. We are happy.

Anonymous said...

My first and only bike is the 2007 Yamaha Virago 250cc. Got it April 2008 new with 3 miles on it.

Ditto on the gas mileage. I started commuting to work and would average 92mpg. On the highways and longer rides, which I'm just started this month, I got 100mpg calculated on the recent fuel top off.

It's been a great starter bike for me (45year, female, 4' 11") and although I've been looking for something bigger that I might move up to when I'm ready, I'm not so sure I want to give up the Virago 250. With great mpg like that, it'll be worth it to me have two bikes. One for commuting and running errands around town and another for keeping up with the hubby and other big bikes.

Anonymous said...

I bought mine last July and even with being off it for a month for surgery this summer, I have 1,500 miles on it. My son rode his first 230 miles in one day on it (that was a little much for a rookie ride.) Great gas mileage, great maneuverability in tight situations, not made for over 60 for long hauls but a zippy way to get around town. Beautiful girl, very forgiving of the newbies and smart looking.