Translate This Site

Get paid To Promote at any Location

Monday, October 8, 2007

Honda CBR600-RR


Even if earlier in my posts I have said that the Yamaha YZF R6 was the best 600cc sportbike ever, there are some folks...that kinda include me, too, that believe that the brand new CBR600 RR from Honda is better, and therefore gets the title of "the best 600cc sportbike ever" , as the guys from "Roadracing World" said.
Crowned the Best Middleweight of 2007 by both Cycle World and Rider magazines, the CBR600RR uses MotoGP-bred technology. Dual Stage Fuel Injection, Pro-Link rear suspension, HESD electronic steering damper, cool new colors for 2008. These are just a few of the new components of the super-sportbike.
Of course I don't want nor like other people making decisions for me...so I have to add a little touch to this. Maybe the guys from those magazines have different tastes than me and cannot be trusted...but the chances are low.
Ever since I started hanging out with bikers and riding, everyone told me: Honda's are the best! For begginers and for experienced riders, Honda. Because Honda's are the most reliable. If you are tidy and neat, you can own a Honda for a very long time, because they are not so trouble-making like other bikes. My brother owns a Honda...very cool naked, shaft drive motorcycle. Not my type though...
Anyway, let's see what the technical details of the brand new CBR say:
ENGINE



Engine Type 599cc liquid-cooled inline four-cylinder

Bore and Stroke 67mm x 42.5mm

Compression Ratio 12.2:1

Valve Train DOHC; four valves per cylinder

Carburetion Dual Stage Fuel Injection (DSFI) with 40mm throttle bodies, Denso 12-hole injectors

Ignition Computer-controlled digital transistorized with three-dimensional mapping


DRIVE TRAIN


Transmission Close-ratio six-speed

Final Drive #525 O-ring chain


CHASSIS / SUSPENSION / BRAKES


Front Suspension 41mm inverted HMAS cartridge fork with spring preload, rebound and compression damping adjustability; 4.7 inches travel

Rear Suspension Unit Pro-Link HMAS single shock with spring preload, rebound and compression damping adjustability; 5.1 inches travel

Front Brakes Dual radial-mounted four-piston calipers with 310mm discs

Rear Brake Single 220mm disc

Front Tire 120/70ZR-17 radial

Rear Tire 180/55ZR-17 radial


DIMENSIONS


Rake (Caster Angle): 23.55°

Trail 97.7mm (3.8 inches)

Wheelbase 53.9 inches

Seat Height 32.3 inches

Curb Weight 410 lbs (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuel—ready to ride)

Fuel Capacity 4.8 gallons, including 0.9-gallon reserve


OTHER


Available Colors Red/Black, Pearl Orange/Black, Metallic Silver, Graffiti

Model ID CBR600RR

Well...with these being written...all that remains to do is asking a question. That question is : "How much?"
Of course, the price varies along with the colors:
The answer to that wuestion is right here:

COLOR PRICING


Graffiti $9,899


Metallic Silver $9,599

Red/Black $9,599

Pearl Orange/Black $9,599


12 comentarii:

Plato said...

I like what they did with the red

Danny Ivanescu said...

Cool stuff indeed. Anyways, I like all the colors of the new bike.
Thanks for leaving the comment.
Danny

Anonymous said...

the graffiti one looks and feels amazing in person lol. If my job still has it in 2 months it's mine

Danny Ivanescu said...

I hope you'll get it, and when you ride it, remember me and come back to leave a personal review ;)
Peace.

Anonymous said...

I picked my new CBR600RR up today from altus powersports today in altus oklahoma. too cold to ride too far but i can say that it fits like a glove. The color I picked was pearl orange and black and it is stunning. It is very forgiving and easy to ride, I dont know if i would want it as my first bike,but it is a great mid-to experienced rider bike and ery fast. Easy is an understatement when talking about handling and bike responsiveness. Truely the greatest bike i have ever sat on and rode i recomend it to anyone.

Unknown said...

I Want to start by saying that I've owned Honda's much of my life started with a 50cc back when I was 8 I'm 33 now then owned a 3 wheeler 350cc then I bought my first street bike in '03 cbr600rr which has been the love of my life. I just received a nice bonus from my job and decided to purchase the new '08 "Graffitti" nothing like my '03 I thought my '03 would make me happy till death do us apart. Unfortunately for her I found a new and TRUE LOVE my '08 cbr600rr she likes to be called "tattoo chick" LOL this bike is super awesome! even more powerful than my previous Awesome Bike. I have to say my '03 NEVER and I mean NEVER gave me any problems She has been ridden Hard and Long (22,455 Miles) and no complications whatsoever. My '08 Tattoo Chick is an Incredible RIDE and something you should know if not known already is that the Graffitti on the bike Reflects extremely shiny while riding at night and getting hit by headlights which makes even much safer to be seen at night (specially since it is a all black bike) It catches alot of attention. You won't be dissapointed and this bike was reviewed by 7 different magazines and came out as the BEST 600cc bike. This bike is the New IPOD of Bikes meaning this will be the one to beat. Honda has always started trends and this will be no different. Do yourself a favor and pick one up. These are VERY LIMITED and I promise you that you WILL NOT regret it.

Anonymous said...

hello my name is aaron, and im currently living in florida. and i was just wanting to ask i have never owned a bike but have rode many hyabusas, and other big bikes, i am going tomorrow to pick up my graffiti. i am 19 and i have wanted a bike since i was old enough to switch a gear. question should this be a first time bike for me or should i get a different type. im going to get it regardless but i would just like some feed back. thank you all

Danny Ivanescu said...

hey guys! thanks for visiting and i hope you like the site...I like this bike...it looks really great, but i don't own one, so Aaron, i can't tell you my personal oppinion about it, but by the high rating all over and what dan said...i say it's worth it. good luck and dry roads!

Anonymous said...

Ok kid if your riding busa's why would you even ask if this is a good bike to get. Busa's are arguably the sickest bikes when it comes to speed and acceleration. If you didn't know that this is a good bike maybe you should stay off one till your old enough to figure it out...dumb@$$

Anonymous said...

I started on a 84 Honda intercepter
500 was able to ride it for a week and got a hole in the gas tank two years later got my 08 graffiti 600. Only the second bike I've ever road and it's simply amazing, power, weight, balance, controls, easy to learn on. I would recommand anyone to buy a 600 for a first bike. Be carful at first learn the bike and controls and it will be fine. The bike is very comfortable for long rides on the hands, arms, butt and back. Watch out for everybody else ride, fast we you can that's what it was made for.

Anonymous said...

jus went to the local honda shop today after class and when i saw this bike i fell in love with it...i just turned 18 today and i have wanted a bike since i can remember. what could possibly be a better birthday present for myself? im gettin one next week haha...its my destiny to ride

Anonymous said...

I have a 2008 Graffiti and it's amazing. Looks even better in person. Even if someone happens to roll up next to you with the very same bike they both get tons of attention. Mine has some girly additions to make it a lil more mine, but i still get lots of compliments on it.

~Danielle~