Translate This Site

Get paid To Promote at any Location

Saturday, October 27, 2007

2008 Honda CBR 1000 RR

Hey guys!
Just trying to mmake up for the fact that I didn't post any new articles lately, of course, because of the lack of time in my schedule.
But as you are used to, IF you read my blog frequently, I like to compare same class motorcycles. Because all of them are highly rated and declared as "the best" in their class. I want to make that slight difference between them, but of course, that will be my oppinion. As I encouraged you to do, you can always leave comments if your oppinion differs from mine and we can discuss about it.
As I posted about the 2008 Yamaha YZF R1, it's normal that I must post articles about its rivals. One worthy of writing of, is the 2008 Honda CBR 1000 RR. It's a hell of a motorcycle, and just like the 600cc/middleweight class comaprison, I think that the Honda is the best. Maybe it's just me, but I don't think so. Anyway...after all, it's just a matter of taste. The brand new Honda is a super-fast literbike with the handling of a 600cc motorcycle but still, with the power of a 999cc liquid-cooled inline four-cylinder engine. If you have the chance, hust test ride it and you will see...

Some official Honda specs:
ENGINE


Engine Type 999cc liquid-cooled inline four-cylinder

Bore and Stroke 76mm x 55.1mm

Ignition Computer-controlled digital transistorized with three-dimensional mapping

Compression Ratio 12.3:1

Valve Train DOHC; four valves per cylinder

Carburetion Dual Stage Fuel Injection (DSFI) with 40mm throttle bodies, Denso 12-hole injectors


DRIVE TRAIN

Transmission Close-ratio six-speed
Final Drive #530 O-ring chain
CHASSIS / SUSPENSION / BRAKES
Front Suspension 43mm inverted HMAS cartridge fork with spring preload, rebound and compression damping adjustability; 4.7 inches travel
Rear Suspension Unit Pro-Link HMAS single shock with spring preload, rebound and compression damping adjustability; 5.4 inches travel
Front Brakes Dual radial-mounted four-piston calipers with full-floating 320mm discs
Rear Brake Single 220mm disc
Front Tires 120/70ZR-17 radial
Rear Tires 190/50ZR-17 radial

DIMENSIONS


Rake (Caster Angle): 23.3°
Trail 96.2mm (3.8 inches)
Wheelbase 55.4 inches
Seat Height 32.3 inches
Curb Weight TBD
Fuel Capacity 4.7 gallons, including 1.06-gallon reserve

OTHER


Available Colors
Red / Black : $11,599

Black / Metallic Silver :$11,599

Pearl Yellow / Black : $11,599

Candy Dark Red / Metallic Silver : $11,599

Black / Metallic Gray (2008 special color *) : $11,799

1 comentarii:

Unknown said...

I own one and you are right on the money about it being "the best". Had an R6, thought it was kind small since i'm kind of a big guy (210 lbs). After getting back from Iraq, I was ready to get something new. I looked at all the liter bikes and after several months of study, I chose the 1000 RR. I've been riding for 20 yrs, and nothing has compared to this stock bike. it feels light as a 600 and handles just the same. All I can say about the power is, it's freakin crazy fast and there's a lot left over at my limits.

fcraig